Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring sitting!



Spring is my absolute favorite time of the year. Everything seems new and fresh. I guess that is why people do spring cleaning...of course this year I will only be doing Spring sitting! Yup, I am still on bed rest. Although most of my time is spent mapping out all the smudges on my walls that I plan on attacking with a magic eraser as soon as I am able, I really am taking the time to marvel at spring and all it brings. This will be our first spring in this house and I had no idea how many flowers bloom in our yard! What a pleasant surprise! On a normal weekend I would be running errands or cleaning, but this weekend I just sat and watched the kids play outside. And of course thought to myself why don't I do this more often? I guess this is what it took to slow me down enough to stop and smell the roses! (and to write a blog entry!) The funny part is I really expected to just go in, have my surgery, and go home with no problems! I guess I forgot that I too bear the Haynes' name! The next time a doctor tells me there is only a 3% chance of this or that happening, I don't intend to take those odds! I do believe there is a lesson to be learned and a character trait to be strengthened in every trial. Although I tend to be a slow learner, the Lord amazingly never gives up on me. Boy do I thank Him for that!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, Thanks so much for sharing this journey with us. I'm praying for you as you recover and I just know that the Lord is going to grew you through this! Take care and pray alot! Hope to see you soon :o)
    Love,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete