Monday, August 17, 2009

Boys will be boys!


I wasn't sure what to blog about this week until our pastor gave me an idea! He was talking about wives and mothers and what a typical day in the life of a mother looks like. So, I decided to make a mental list of things I say to my boys in a typical day. Take today for example. Before we even made it to lunch time I had said to them "no using knives while I'm in the shower!" and " You can't climb a tree with a saw in your hand! and "Be careful with that staple gun you could shoot your brothers eye out! Something tells me we are not living a typical life! And perhaps I'm not your typical mom! But at the end of the day I will thank God for protecting them another day and giving me the priviledge to be their mother. This picture was taken on another day when I said to them "Did you really dump the whole bottle of bubbles in the tub?" I guess the moral of the story is, the next time you hear yourself saying something like "Farting at the table is not funny!" just remember this wonderful season in life is so short. I better go check on those little rascals right now!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post. It seems oddly familiar to me. Hmmm......my boys are crazy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crush: Okay. Squirt here will now give you a rundown of proper exiting technique.
    Squirt: Good afternoon. We're gonna have a great jump today. Okay, first crank a hard cutback as you hit the wall. There's a screaming bottom curve, so watch out. Remember: rip it, roll it, and punch it.
    Marlin: It's like he's trying to speak to me, I know it.
    [to Squirt]
    Marlin: Look, you're really cute, but I can't understand what you're saying. Say the first thing again.

    ReplyDelete